POSITION: Part-Time Camp Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Training Support Associate
Inkomoko Entrepreneur Development is a full-service business development firm focused on growing small to medium enterprises in Rwanda. Our services help our clients develop and improve their capacity. Founded in 2012, Inkomoko identifies Rwandan entrepreneurs and provides them with business education, mentorship, and strategy consulting, so that they can grow their businesses and create jobs for others.
THE OPPORTUNITY & RESPONSIBILITIES
Inkomoko is looking for a highly organized Camp Coordinator to support our training team, as we launch a new program focused on refugees based in Gihembe/Nyabiheke/Kigeme Camp. The Camp Coordinator will join Special Projects team with core responsibilities as follows:
Camp coordination and administration (60% time)
- Conduct outreach to training participants
- Work closely with the Training Support Associate and other Inkomoko staff to organize Camp activities such as visits, trainings, etc.
- Assist in logistics such as securing the venue, securing Chairs, printing, etc.
- Assist Inkomoko staff with all in-camp communications
- Help organize participants before and during program activities
- Make sure activities at the Camp are done in a timely manner
- Assist with surveys and data collection at the camp
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Call program participants to attend all trainings, consulting sessions and other activities organized by Inkomoko
- Follow up on all messages sent to Camp refugees, and confirm messages have been received
- Communicate program details to refugee participants, as requested by Inkomoko.
- rovide weekly progress report on participant’s program activities
- Communicate about any challenge faced by participants during program implementation
Successful candidates must navigate fast-paced environments with enthusiasm and commitment to meeting individual and company goals. Basic qualifications include:
- Be able to work under pressure
- Outgoing and Social
- Honest and professional
- University education
- Be between ages 25-35 years
- Excellent communicator to audiences in Swahili, French, and Kinyarwanda as a plus
- High personal integrity
- Must be based at the near the camp full time (i.e Nyabiheke/ Gihembe/ Kigeme)
- Access to a smart phone 24/7
- Candidate should not be employed by UNHCR, MIDIMAR or MasterCard or any other organization with Camp activities currently
Additionally, Inkomoko is a values-driven company, and successful candidates will be committed to our organizational values, including:
All Inkomoko staff embody our organizational culture, and the successful candidate will also:
- Communicate effectively locally and internationally
- Maintains local and international performance standards
- Effectively support each team member and inspire each other to do better
- Be collaborative and solicitous of others' opinions
- Be a leader in the local entrepreneurial community
- Be kind, compassionate, empathetic, and fun
- Find freedom within a framework
- Be willing to put in the time it takes to do a great job (be “all in”)
- Be solutions-oriented and creative
- Be committed to continuously learning and growing
In your cover letter please include the following:
- Describe any experience you have doing community mobilization.
- Your current salary and/or salary expectations for this position
Include your name and “CAMP COORDINATOR” and SPECIFY THE CAMP NAME within your area in the email subject line.
Deadline of application: July 15, 2017