Inkomoko opened in Kenya in 2019, and with more than 40 staff in 6 locations, we are reaching refugees, host communities, and secondary cities with a mix of advisory and financing services. In Kenya, we launched Sharia-compliant financing products to ensure full economic inclusion of clients.
To date, Inkomoko has worked with 7000 clients in Kenya. We have deployed more than $1.7 million in capital to clients, who have created more than 2500 new jobs in Kenya as of the last count in 2021.
Nairobi hosts Inkomoko’s Kenya headquarters, with a team of staff from across the country. The Nairobi office provides support to our field offices, which work with nearly 7,000 entrepreneurs in 2022.
- Kakuma, Kalobeyei & Turkana – In northwestern Kenya, Inkomoko serves over 4000 refugees and host community entrepreneurs each year.
- Garissa & Dadaab – We now serve more than 400 entrepreneurs in Garissa County, and building on this success, Inkomoko expand into Dadaab, where we work with 1600. Recent market fires in Dadaab have spurred Inkomoko to pilot micro-insurance products.
- Mombasa – Along Kenya’s coast, Inkomoko works with SMEs in the tourism and hospitality industries, in export, and manufacturing. From our office in Nyali, the Mombasa team serves more than 30 SMEs each year.
- Eldoret – As part of Inkomoko’s strategy to create market linkages, Eldoret is the newest Inkomoko site in Kenya. As the fastest-growing town in Kenya, Inkomoko will serve 50 SMEs this year, commencing in October 2022. Check our job page to join our Eldoret team.
Inkomoko is grateful for the support of a range of partners across Kenya who facilitate our operations and work. In particular, Inkomoko would like to thank the following for the support of our work in Kenya:
- Inkomoko Kenya Advisory Board members
- Kakuma Kalobeyei Challenge Fund
- Kenya Department of Refugee Services
- Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- UNCHR Kenya